Sunday, May 11, 2008

One Fun Week!!

Last week was quite an exciting week for Matt and I!!! First and foremost, we got our kitchen done!! Yay! It actually turned out to be really fun!! The wallpaper wasn't as bad to remove as I thought it would be and I found out that Matt is quite the wallpaper remover!! Then we got to paint it!! We painted it green, I know most people cringe when they think of painting a room green but this actually turned out really nice!! I then got really creative with our decorations!! I have always wanted to have a huge clock on one of the walls and I was able to come up with something pretty cute! We haven't completed all the decorating yet, we are still trying to accumulate kitchen decor but what we have we like!! It is definately a huge improvement then what it was before! This is the kitchen before we removed the wallpaper! This is me removing the wallpaper above the fridge and cupboards....such a pain! This is my clock creation! And this is the final product....almost! Next Matt and I got to do some fly fishing!! Matt actually did a ton more than me but I did manage to catch a nice brown trout.........after I had hooked and lost like 5 big ones!! It was a lot of fun! On Saturday Matt headed the school fly fishing clinic and had a good time teaching newbies the skills of fly fishing! Not only that but he was able to enjoy the beauty of Idaho! We love that it is starting to get warm and everything is becoming green! It's hard to see me in this picture but this is the brown I caught! After Matt's big trip on Saturday, we headed out to go shooting with our new gun, Remington 7mm magnum! Matt had already been shooting with it and was anxious for me to give it a try!! I, too, was anxious!! When we got out far enough we set up a milk gallon full of water and a appletree apple juice gallon full of water about 150-175 yds or so for our targets! We also gathered some things that had been left there from other people, a brown glass bottle and some small water bottles!! Matt was the first to shoot and he blew the milk carton to bits, then I took over and nailed the apple tree carton and the little glass bottle! It was a fun day and we really enjoyed each others company!! This is our damage!!
This coming week is normal school for Matt and I start my job!! Unfortunately my training is from 4 to 10 PM!!! We aren't too excited about this but the fact that it is a good job is more important!! Life is pretty good for this little couple!!

7 comments:

steph said...

Your apartment looks so good! I like it. Adam and I just might join you guys

Cassidy said...

Cute place guys!! Good luck in school and work!! We love you!!

Russ and Jill Allen said...

Looks awesome. We love your new paint and clock. How very creative. And your skill with the fishing pole and gun. Matt is really teaching Paige the important things of life! We love you very much!

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

Hey, that is nice... the landlords must really like the fact that you are doing so much work for them. Oh, and that looks like a pretty sweet gun... we'll have to go shooting sometime.

Lignell Family said...

Man you guys are BUSY.... I can barely keep the dishes from piling over the sink let alone re-do my whole house!! Good Work. it looks very cute!!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Paige! How good to see you on here! Yeah, funny you married a Matt too! I barley know how to do all of this blogging stuff! I'm no good, but it is so fun to see what everyone is up to!

Brittany said...

paige! where have you been? i miss you and would love to hear from you soon!! love you!