Saturday, May 31, 2008

And then there was darkness......

So yesterday I had a brand new experience, one that I have never ever ever had to deal with before...because of this I thought I would share it with all of you!! So yesterday I was soo excited because I was finally going to get my hair done and I had made my appointment for 1:15, right after work. So I got off work and headed to the salon!! The appointment went great and I was really happy with the results, everything was good. I had started to get a little bit of a stomach ache but all was okay. So I was standing at the counter waiting to pay when my stomach really started to hurt and I started to get a cold sweat and then my eyes kind of went weird. You know if you get up too fast how your eyes will go kind of weird, it was just like that. I just thought "oh maybe I just stood up to fast" and I waited for it to go away!! WELL it didn't and I really started to feel weird, so I told the girls at the counter that I wasn't feeling to hot and that I was going to go sit down for a second. So I turned and I took a couple steps....AND THEN THERE WAS DARKNESS!!!!!! I had totally passed out!!!! Luckily they had a couch right there that I landed on but not before I smashed my face into the wall. I didn't feel myself hit but I heard it and that is what knocked me back to the real world!! The next thing I saw was the two girls running over to see if I was okay!!! THIS EXPERIENCE WAS TOTALLY WEIRD!! I didn't ever feel scared or embarrassed, I just felt bad because I had freaked the girls out! The scared part came a little later when everyone started asking if I could be pregnant!! I am soo excited to be a mom...just not yet so I got scared!! But I can tell you right now that I am NOT pregnant!! There were a lot of things that could have factored into why this happened. For instance, Matt and I had donated plasma the day before so it could have been that, or I got that stomach ache bad right before so maybe it was the pain that did it! I am feeling 100% now(I was actually okay right after), and we've been able to laugh about it. I only have the left over battle wounds....a little black eye, a bump on my head, a scrape on my foot, and I nice bruise on my thigh!! It was a first for me, the passing out thing, and I wanted to share it!! :D



This is my eye right after I got home!


This is the goose egg on my forehead!


And this is what my eye looks like today, the day after!!

3 comments:

Lara said...

I'm so sorry, that is a terrible experience! I am glad you are doing better. I have only blacked out one time and it was aweful, you handled your experience much better than I did. I had just gotten my 2nd Hepatitis shot and was standing at the counter to pay. I remember feeling REALLY light headed all the sudden and then the next thing I new I was laying on the floor and all the nurses were hovering over me. Apparently I just keeled over right there at the counter and banged my head pretty hard on the floor, I was out for almost 5 minutes. I scared some little boy in the waiting room half to death and his mom had to just leave with him because he wouldn't go into see the doctor :) They wouldn't let me drive home and everyone I knew was at work so I just had to stay there for about 2 hours until Jayson could come get me. I bawled almost the whole time for some reason, I guess I hit the emotional part of my brain when I fell :) Anyway, that is my little passing out story. I am glad that you are doing better and hopefully your black eye goes away soon.

steph said...

Oh I hope everything's alright! I hope that isn't a sign of something worse.
I have never passed out before, but I've gotten close a couple times. My little brother Scott used to pass out when he was little. It was pretty scary. He would turn all white and just go limp. One time my younger sister Michelle got upset at him and hit him on the head with a book and he fainted... and she thought she killed him! haha
Ya know, that black eye almost looks like a pretty purple eyeshadow. You could just match the color on your other eye and no one would know! haha
So it looks like we most likely will be there in the fall. Has an apartment opened up in your complex? We really can't wait to see you guys!

Melissa said...

Paige... that is so funny. I don't have a fainting story to tell you but I got a kick out of yours. Nice shiner!