Monday, March 30, 2009

Craziness In The Cahoon Home!

So the other night Matt was dying to go fishing so I said why not! We didn't have any plans and I thought that would allow me some quality chick flick time! Little did I know, while out fishing Matt had arranged for an unexpected guest to come home with him! Now being married to Matt, I've pretty much come to expect any and everything, he being so adventurous and all, but this was definately NOT expected!

Matt and his porcupine!

Matt in all his glory!

After a few hours of what I thought was fishing, Matt walked into the house accompanyed by oh ya know......a huge PORCUPINE! Freshly hunted, shot, and skinned! What a perfect addition to our already skinned raccoon, beaver, jack rabbit, rattlesnake, and squirrel. He was pretty excited and immediately began to plan out what he was going to do with it! Oh that boy!

In other news, we got some venison (deer meat) from some friends and cooked it up! It was good, I was a little worried about under cooking it, silly I know, so I ended up over cooking it just a tish! We got more from Matt's buddy so next time it will be perfect!

This is our venison meal!

We are getting excited for the spring, even though Rexburg can't figure out whether or not it wants to proceed to that point! We had an awesome day 2 Saturdays ago and then yesterday we were smashed by snow and 50 mph winds! It was yucky driving to work today and I totally expected freezing cold temperatures and snowy roads when I got off work but to my delightment the sun was shining and the snow was gone! WHEW! Let's just hope it stays this way!

We are happy and crazy as ever!!

2 comments:

steph said...

Yay! That's great! He finally got his porcupine! We can't wait to see the new decoration. ;-) You guys should start your own little museum and charge admission!
Yeah, it is pretty crazy that winter has way overstayed its welcome. I really hope it goes away for good!

Grace said...

it's too bad Robbie doesn't have his gun with him...I bet he would love to go out hunting sometime with Matt. It sounds like you are doing great Paige.