Tuesday, August 26, 2008

One Year Down and Ready For Another!!!

Happy Anniversary Us!!! Matt and I celebrated our 1st anniversary on Friday the 22nd!! Holy Canoly I cannot believe how the time flies!! Although its not weird to have been married for a year since Matt and I have been together for almost 7 years, it is weird how fast it has gone by!! I can still remember the first time Matt and I hung out, our first date, all of our firsts like they all happened last week. But I can tell you that I am so happy to have had all of those firsts now including our first marriage anniversary with Matt!!! What an exciting life I have because of his fun, outgoing, and adventurous personality!!! It really has been a magnificent ride so far!! As awesome as it would be to tell you of our fabulous first anniversary and all the exciting activities we did....it didn't quite work out that way!! At three o'clock in the morning on Friday, I woke up and headed to work to board a bus down to Salt Lake for the Melaleuca Covention. This was the only day I was able to go to convention and Matt had to work all day anyways so we just decided we would do something when I got home around 7 o'clock!! Well I got home at about 7:30 PM only to find that Matt was not home!! I thought he might have gone fishing while he waited for me to get home but instead he had to stay late at work to finish a project! I thought I would take advantage of this time so I made chocolate covered strawberries and deviled eggs and bought some bubbly! I tried to make it as nice as possible for him when he got home! So finally at 9:30 PM Matt made it home!! Neither of us realized that the night would start so late but we thought we should make the most of it!!! So at 10:00 at night we headed out to Wingers for a late dinner and it was a good idea let me tell you!! I had the best steak I think I have ever had at a restaurant!! Then we rented a movie...at midnight or so and enjoyed our treats at home!!
So we didn't have some amazing grande anniversary but we both had a good time just hanging out and being together!! That is one thing I love about our relationship, we are okay with just hanging out and talking!!! We are happy to be together and have loved this first year of marriage and look forward to the billions after!!!

8 comments:

Noelle said...

Paige and Matt, I just found your blog and wanted to wish you a happy anniversary too! Wow, a year already, that's crazy. It looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun together. :) Keep loving life.

Michelle said...

happy anniversary! and the picture in your header is so cute!!! i love love love it. you guys are so adorable.

snoscythe said...

Chocolate covered deviled eggs?? YUMMY!!!!!

J/k congrats guys!!!

Cassidy said...

I am so sorry...I totally forgot about the big day! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PLUS A WEEK! I am glad to know that even when plans don't work out, you can still have fun! That's what makes a marriage last! My favorite times are when we just chill as a family! Anyway, here's to many more years ahead!

Sam and Brent said...

Hello!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad I found your blog!! Congrats on the anniversary!

Lara said...

Happy Anniversary! It is amazing how fast time flies. We are coming up on our 2 year in November! Isn't it funny how things never go as planned, but somehow they still turn out. Our 1 year anniversary was shared with a cabin full of all of Jayson's neices and nephews! :) His brother decided to get married the day before our anniversary and then we spent the next two days with his family in a cabin in Island Park. It's all about the memories though, right? :) Happy anniversary again! You two make such a great couple and we are so happy to have you part of our family!

Russ and Jill Allen said...

We love you guys and are grateful that we have such a darling couple in our family. It sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary in spite of everything. Sometimes you just have to "wing it". Congratulations!!!

Julie T said...

I also can't BELIEVE you have been married for a year already! You two are adorable and have some great experiences and adventures ahead of you! I am glad y ou found each other and were willing to take the leap! Commitment can be a very intimidating thing but you two deserve (and I can tell, cherish) each other! Peace.