Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Our 4th of July Weekend!

So this past holiday weekend was super fun...the one thing we forgot to do was take very many pictures!!! We were so busy playing we just didn't think about it!!! Friday we got together with our good friends, Angel and Jessica, and we had a yummy breakfast!! Then it was off to the river to play!! When we got there Jessica and I were the tough chicks...jumping into the freezing cold water first!!! It took the guys WAY longer to finally make the jump!!


Here Jessica and I show the boys how it's done!


This is Matt and Angel FINALLY jumping into the river, I took 3 videos before they actually made the plunge!!

This is cute little Adrian (Angel and Jessica's little boy) in his giant swim diaper! This is Jess and I making the plunge! This is Matt jumping into the river!! Then we headed to Rigby Lake and played there until it was late!!! After Rigby Lake we to the Rexburg Temple grounds to watch all of the fireworks around the area!! It was a ton of fun just relaxing and hanging out!!! Saturday we had a huge water balloon capture the flag war where the girls KICKED BUTT!!! We did a girls vs. boys and they totally thought it was going to be a piece of cake.....they were wrong and ended up losing!!! We seriously are so exhausted because we have been playing constantly since then!!! Sunday we got together with Angel and Jessica again and had dinner!! Then us girls made an AMAZING dessert...our own version of Strawberry Shortcake!!! It was super delicious!! Here we are in the process of making our dessert and then the final product and no Jessica is not flipping us off, that just happened to be the finger she was licking at the time!! Pretty good for made up huh!! I also wanted to show this picture of Matt and Adrian!! Matt is so good with little kids and it was super cute because Adrian zonked on Matt's shoulder!! It was a really fun weekend and we are so glad to have such good friends to go and play with!!

7 comments:

Lara said...

I noticed that not only did the boys take a lot longer to make the jump, but they also got themselves out of there about 10x quicker! :)

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

So I love the videos of the cold water plunges... crazy youngsters. Matt kinda looks like he's packin on some poundage... if that is the case then welcome to the club of fatty husbands my friend, where we are members for life. Oh, I've been meaning to tell you, we ate your cereal... so we owe you $8. We couldn't resist, it as taking up so much space in our cupboards and in our minds. Anyway, what an awesome 4th. Hope to see you soon.

Mel said...

Hey!! It was SO good to hear from you! Of COURSE I remember you! You're so funny. So how long have you been married?? What are you guys doing? It really was so great to hear from you! I hope you write back and we can keep in touch!

Kolbi Young said...

Hi Paige!!! It is so good to hear from you! It looks like all is going well and that you are happily married! Such fun ;) I'm so glad to hear that someone else can relate to the Twerpz addiction....haha!

I hope that you and your family are doing well, I still miss your sweet mom! I'm glad that now we can keep in touch a bit better. Take care!!

Michelle said...

cousins!! I miss you guys!! I want to play dice with you....

Michelle said...

cousins!! I miss you guys!! I want to play dice with you...

Michelle said...

oh. that's embarrassing. i posted my last comment twice because i thought that it didn't work...then i figured out that you guys have to approve it first...i didn't know you could have that kind of power on a blog!