Saturday, February 9, 2008

WE ARE OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED HUNTERS!!!!





So this past week Matt and I took hunters education so we could be certified hunters. I at first went simply to support my husband in his interests but the first class I was hooked! I really learned a lot and I got excited about actually going out and hunting! I talked to Shay and Chelsea during the week and they found it pretty amusing and I totally agreed! Who would have thought me, the little blonde hairstylist, into something like hunting! But I really have developed a huge interest in it! The class was a lot of fun and we enjoyed ourselves!

Thursday came, the day of the big test, and to tell you the truth I was really nervous! I felt like I was in high school all over again taking the final that would either make or break my grade..........this just determined whether or not I could ever hunt, which like I mentioned before, has become something I really would like to do! We did our share of studying and to our excitement passed the test! It was a lot harder than I thought but at the same time I felt pretty confident! We got our little certificates and are waiting to receive our actual cards in the mail. Below are pictures from our shooting portion of our class...mine is the first picture and Matt's is the second, more wrinkled one!





So the Cahoons are doing well! Matt and I have certainly been blessed with good jobs that we both enjoy and that pay us well. It is a comforting feeling to know that we are actually saving money, at least for now! Hooray!

4 comments:

steph said...

We are dying without you guys too! That is awesome you both got hunting certificates! Are you going to go hunting soon?
Oh, and the place where i got my background is:
cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com. It has instructions and everything, so no worries! (Yeah I'm really not so pro at this either.

Fatty said...

wow...I never thought you'd be nervous about a hunting test! Maybe a hair test. Anyway, I love your hair...it is darling. How is Seattle? we miss it there and we miss you dang it! I'm glad you're back to blogging. It was lonely there for a while!

Fatty said...

wow...I never thought you'd be nervous about a hunting test! Maybe a hair test. Anyway, I love your hair...it is darling. How is Seattle? we miss it there and we miss you dang it! I'm glad you're back to blogging. It was lonely there for a while!

Lara said...

Wow! I am super impressed at your aim. That is so awesome you two did that together. I will be excited to hear about all your hunting adventures.